Today, I was working on a PeopleTools upgrade for a client from 8.51 to 8.53.08 and ran into a failure when doing the Coverting PeopleTools Objects step of the upgrade. When running the PeopleTools Data Conversion process I got a strange series of errors and then an error messaging that looked like UPGPTHASH failed. The messages appeared to be orphaned Application Engine PeopleCode, but the failure appeared to be with the Hashing. I ran UPGPTHASH from the command line and it completed successfully but interestingly enough reported the invalid objects just like when PTUPGCONVERT ran it.
I decided to run a sysaudit on the database and found that I had PeopleCode-1, PeopleCode-2, PeopleCode-3, PeopleCode-6 and PeopleCode-7 errors in the database. I will work on figuring out why they were there tomorrow but for today, I executed the steps from the data integrity guide from PeopleBooks to delete the invalid entries:
DELETE FROM PSPCMNAME WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT ‘X’FROM PSPCMPROG B WHERE B.OBJECTID1 = PSPCMNAME.OBJECTID1 AND B.OBJECTVALUE1 = PSPCMNAME.OBJECTVALUE1 AND B.OBJECTID2 = PSPCMNAME.OBJECTID2 AND B.OBJECTVALUE2 = PSPCMNAME.OBJECTVALUE2 AND B.OBJECTID3 = PSPCMNAME.OBJECTID3 AND B.OBJECTVALUE3 = PSPCMNAME.OBJECTVALUE3 AND B.OBJECTID4 = PSPCMNAME.OBJECTID4 AND B.OBJECTVALUE4 = PSPCMNAME.OBJECTVALUE4 AND B.OBJECTID5 = PSPCMNAME.OBJECTID5 AND B.OBJECTVALUE5 = PSPCMNAME.OBJECTVALUE5 AND B.OBJECTID6 = PSPCMNAME.OBJECTID6 AND B.OBJECTVALUE6 = PSPCMNAME.OBJECTVALUE6)
DELETE FROM PSPCMPROG WHERE NAMECOUNT <> 0 AND NOT EXISTS (SELECT ‘X’FROM PSPCMNAME B WHERE PSPCMPROG.OBJECTID1 = B.OBJECTID1 AND PSPCMPROG.OBJECTVALUE1 = B.OBJECTVALUE1 AND PSPCMPROG.OBJECTID2 = B.OBJECTID2 AND PSPCMPROG.OBJECTVALUE2 = B.OBJECTVALUE2 AND PSPCMPROG.OBJECTID3 = B.OBJECTID3 AND PSPCMPROG.OBJECTVALUE3 = B.OBJECTVALUE3 AND PSPCMPROG.OBJECTID4 = B.OBJECTID4 AND PSPCMPROG.OBJECTVALUE4 = B.OBJECTVALUE4 AND PSPCMPROG.OBJECTID5 = B.OBJECTID5 AND PSPCMPROG.OBJECTVALUE5 = B.OBJECTVALUE5 AND PSPCMPROG.OBJECTID6 = B.OBJECTID6 AND PSPCMPROG.OBJECTVALUE6 = B.OBJECTVALUE6)
UPDATE PSPCMPROG SET NAMECOUNT = (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM PSPCMNAME C WHERE C.OBJECTID1 = PSPCMPROG.OBJECTID1 AND C.OBJECTVALUE1 = PSPCMPROG.OBJECTVALUE1 AND C.OBJECTID2 = PSPCMPROG.OBJECTID2 AND C.OBJECTVALUE2 = PSPCMPROG.OBJECTVALUE2 AND C.OBJECTID3 = PSPCMPROG.OBJECTID3 AND C.OBJECTVALUE3 = PSPCMPROG.OBJECTVALUE3 AND C.OBJECTID4 = PSPCMPROG.OBJECTID4 AND C.OBJECTVALUE4 = PSPCMPROG.OBJECTVALUE4 AND C.OBJECTID5 = PSPCMPROG.OBJECTID5 AND C.OBJECTVALUE5 = PSPCMPROG.OBJECTVALUE5 AND C.OBJECTID6 = PSPCMPROG.OBJECTID6 AND C.OBJECTVALUE6 = PSPCMPROG.OBJECTVALUE6)
PeopleCode-4, PeopleCode-5, PeopleCode-6:
Open the PeopleCode program in Application Designer and correct the invalid reference
DELETE FROM PSPCMPROG WHERE OBJECTID1 = 104 AND OBJECTID2 = 107 AND OBJECTVALUE2 NOT IN (SELECT APPCLASSID FROM PSAPPCLASSDEFN P WHERE P.PACKAGEROOT = OBJECTVALUE1 AND P.APPCLASSID = OBJECTVALUE2)
Restarted the PTUPGCONVERT Step (F9) and the Conversion process ran without issue.
I also found several cases where it reported that UPGPTHASH will fail where the conversion process will fail because of a license code issue. I can’t remember when PeopleSoft made the switch over but now when you install the software you are to use the license codes from PeopleSoft License Code Page. Often if your database has been around awhile the license code stored on PSOPTIONS.LICENSE_CODE will be different then whats on the License Code Page. You can update the license code on PSOPTIONS, using SQL: just note that the license code should be in lower case, no spaces, and no dashes.