Okay, Oracle Secure Enterprise Search has a lot of moving parts when integrated with PeopleSoft. I have posted a couple of notes on it already but I just spent several hours troubleshoot O-SES where the diagnostics check would ping, deploy, crawl, and search, but it was not returning a search result. The logs showed that there was a routing issue, and the O-SES logs showed a couple of different errors, and when looking on my Oracle I found some solutions but after chasing my tail for several hours, I thought, maybe I should just go back to the beginning and double check my routings.
Sure enough I found one I missed. Make sure that all the routings under the services: ADMINSERVICE, ORACLESEARCHSERVICE, PT_SES, PTFP_FEED, PTSF_SECURITY, PTSF_SES_FEED, PTSF_META_DATA are active. I have attached a SQL script that you can run which shows many of the key elements that you are checking for.
SELECT A.IB_SERVICENAME, A.IB_OPERATIONNAME, A.DEFAULTVER, A.RTNGTYPE, B.PARAMETERNAME, B.MSGNAME, C.ACTIVE_FLAG,
(SELECT COUNT(*) FROM PSAUTHWS S1 WHERE S1.IB_OPERATIONNAME = A.IB_OPERATIONNAME) AS “PERMISSION COUNT”,
B.QUEUENAME, D.ROUTINGDEFNNAME, D.SENDERNODENAME, D.RECEIVERNODENAME, D.EFF_STATUS AS “ROUTE STATUS”,
E.PARAMETERNAME, E.INMSGNAME, E.INMSGVERSION, E.XFRMNAME , E.OUTMSGNAME , E.OUTMSGVERSION , E.ALIASNAME
FROM PSOPERATION A, PSOPRVERDFNPARM B, PSOPRVERDFN C, PSIBRTNGDEFN D, PSRTNGDFNPARM E
WHERE A.IB_OPERATIONNAME = B.IB_OPERATIONNAME
AND A.DEFAULTVER = B.VERSIONNAME
AND A.IB_OPERATIONNAME = C.IB_OPERATIONNAME
AND A.DEFAULTVER = C.VERSIONNAME
AND A.IB_OPERATIONNAME = D.IB_OPERATIONNAME
AND A.DEFAULTVER = D.VERSIONNAME
AND D.ROUTINGDEFNNAME = E.ROUTINGDEFNNAME
AND A.IB_SERVICENAME IN (‘ADMINSERVICE’, ‘ORACLESEARCHSERVICE’, ‘PT_SES’, ‘PTFP_FEED’, ‘PTSF_SECURITY’, ‘PTSF_SES_FEED’, ‘PTSF_META_DATA’)
ORDER BY A.RTNGTYPE, C.ACTIVE_FLAG, D.EFF_STATUS, A.IB_OPERATIONNAME