O-SES Not Deploying Search Indexes with SSL

Just ran into a crazy little problem trying to get Oracle Secure Enterprise Search working at a client site that was using a self-signed internal SSL certificate.

In order to get Firefox to accept the SSL connection I had to add the Trusted CA (The Clients CA Certificate) to the Firefox keystore.  I had tried to load the certificates into the Windows keystore but apparently Firefox has its own.

Next When trying to deploy the search index I was receiving the following error:

Service Exception: ns2:AdminAPIRuntimeFault : EQA-15011: The plug-in manager raised an unexpected error. (262,1018) PT_SEARCH.SESIMPL.MESSAGE.AdminResponse.OnExecute Name:AdminResponse PCPC:1452 Statement:20
Called from:PT_SEARCH.SESIMPL.AdminService.OnExecute Name:doService Statement:848
Called from:PT_SEARCH.SESIMPL.AdminService.OnExecute Name:createAll Statement:794
Called from:PT_SEARCH.SESIMPL.AdminService.OnExecute Name:AddPSFTSources Statement:106
Called from:PTSF_DP_SBO_WRK.PTSF_DEPLOY_BTN.FieldChange Statement:139

I found a case on my oracle support: E-SES Deploy Step Fails when Using SSL-Enabled PeopleSoft Integration Gateway: Error “EQA-15011: The plug-in manager raised an unexpected error” (Doc ID 1600736.1), which basically says that the cacerts keystore for the O-SES does not contain the trusted root identity for the SSL Certificate that is being used on the PeopleSoft System. So export the the Root and Intermediate certificates to a PEM format and import them into the cacerts keystore. There turns out to be many cacerts in the oracle directories, and I updated all of them with the new trusted certificates.

Lastly, I bounced the O-SES installation using the searchctl restart command.