AWS EC2 Create Swap File
While creating PeopleSoft Upgrade Maintenance (PUM) environments using the DPK’s from Oracle, they require that you have a swapfile in order to complete the install. Sometimes it will warning you and sometimes it won’t. We run the DPK’s using the OEL 7.3 OS, and these instructions will create a swapfile.
1. Login to EC2 using SSH (switch to root user)
2. Create a file for the swapfile:
fallocate -l 2G /placewithspace/swapfile
3. Change the permissions on the swapfile:
chmod 600 /placewithspace/swapfile
4. Allocate the file as a swap file:
mkswap /placewithspace/swapfile -f
5. Turn the swap file on:
6. Check swap file is active:
Enjoy DPK installing.