Well, I have just had my first full exposure to the glory they call Oracle Secure Enterprise Search! All I can say is damn, that was NOT easy.
The documentation is pretty good that I found, and maybe it is easier on a fresh install but I was doing the setup on an existing environment that I had just upgraded. The upgrade was for Finance from 8.9 to 9.2. In the 9.2 application VERITY is no long supported, and the PeopleSoft Search Framework only supports Oracle Secure Enterprise Search (O-SES). The first trick is to download it from edelivery and in my case I installed the software on my batch processing server. This install will install a full Oracle database with a webservice that by default runs on port 7777. There is a bunch of setup that needs to be done to get this working, but the documentation I had for the install was very good for this part.
Some of the next parts I thought were a little difficult to follow, and so the first item is, I used my system start user as my main user, and made sure it had the following roles:
Search Administrator, Search Developer, Search Query Administrator, Search Server
I also have a custom permission list that this user has access to and I made sure that the permission was assigned the search group: PTPORTALREGISTRY. This appears to be a new security element in the permission lists.
The new Search Framework uses a ton of IB service operations to do all of its work, and one element you need to do is set the Portal Content & Portal URI text fields on the Node for all the local nodes, otherwise the search results will return incorrect content reference paths (extra: don’t forget the “/” at the end of the URI).
Now, I also inactivated all my integration broker routings for the default local node after the upgrade so no IB would unnecessarily be taking place. This might have been a bad idea, but old habits are hard to break. Since O-SES uses the IB for its Search Framework, the following Service Operations need to be active with the routing turned on!
Service: PT_SES – Service Operation: PT_SES_CREF_GET, PT_SES_USERSEC_GET, PT_SES_INIT,
Service: PTSF_META_DATA: Service Operation: PTSF_GET_GROUP_CAT_LBLS, PTSF_GET_SRCH_CAT_DET, PSFT_GET_SRCH_GROUPS
Service: PTSF_SECURITY: Service Operation: PTSF_AUTHENTICATEUSER, PTSF_GETSECATTRVALUES, PTSF_GETUSERROLES, PTSF_POSTPROCESS_FILTER, PTSF_VALIDATESRCHUSER, PTSF_VALIDATEUSERROLE,
Service: PTSF_SES_FEED – Service Operation: PTSF_CRAWLER_CFG, PTSF_SES_CRAWLSTATUS, PTSF_SES_GET_CONTROL_FEED, PTSF_SES_PROCESS_ERRS, PTSF_SES_SCHEDULED_FEED
Service: ADMINSERVICE: Service Operation: CREATE, CREATEALL, DELETE, DELETEALL, EXPORT, EXPORTALL, GETAPIVERSION, GETSTATE, START, UPDATE, UPDATEALL
Service: PTFP_FEED – Service Operation: PTFP_GETPREPUBFEED (not 100% sure on this one, but I turned it on along the way).
Make sure you add the PTPORTALREGISTRY to the Home Page Context Type, I added mine and made it default. I also found that I was getting no returns and then after a day of thinking about things I tried again and everything appeared to be working fine. I believe that the system was bounced web and app during that time, so if all else fails that might work!